Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Country Homemaker Hop #42


Happy Wednesday Homemakers!
Thank you to everyone that linked up and shared their fabulous ideas last week.  I get so much inspiration from you. This week I'd like to highlight a few wonderful recipes linked up last week that feature things from the garden right now...
Apples

I like to use applesauce to replace some/all of the moisture/oil in baked goods.  My friend Michelle gave me a box full of apples last weekend.  Luckily for me, Foy of Foy Update linked up her wonderfully simple sugar free applesauce recipe.  Find it HERE.  I have never tried to make applesauce without sugar before so her post was a great help.   Her blog is a wealth of great ideas and she hosts the hop "Eat, Make, Grow."  Check it out and link up. 
Green Tomatoes

The next post that came just in time to save the day was a recipe for Green Tomato Spice Cake shared by Candy of the Lazy J Bar C blog.  If you don't already know, Candy is one amazing woman.  She and her husband Jerry farm a patch of land at 4500' in Arizona's high desert where they raise horses, miniature donkeys, dairy goats, chickens, dogs, and a few spoiled cats.  Se says that three of her passions are cooking, baking from scratch, and photography, but she's also a talented writer.  Thanks again Candy!
Pumpkins

To cure your sweet tooth why not stop by the blog Fresh Eggs Daily to grab Lisa's amazing recipe for Pumpkin Spice Swirl Cheesecake.   Just read her list of ingredients and like me, you'll be in love with that cheesecake. I don't even want to know how many calories are in it.  Crushed gingersnaps, vanilla bean paste, molasses, and candied walnuts... Y.U.M.!!!  The ladies that blog for F.E.D. are invaluable resources for all things poultry, and are wonderful photographers too.  I admire their patience.  My hens are all divas and won't stay put for photographs.  The ladies of F.E.D. are also hosting a new Friday blog hop The Farm Girl Friday Blog Fest.  Please stop by and check it out the next time you're linking up to our own Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop.  It's a big blog world...

I hope this week is another good one and I look forward to reading about your adventures on the homefront.  Share as many new posts as you like, and please feel free to grab the code and share the hop on your own blog too.

Heidi

Don't forget to share your green tomato recipes on our 2nd Annual Green Tomato Bog Hop.



3 comments:

  1. Great features this week, Heidi! Candy is one of my favorite bloggers and I recently started following Lisa too. The Pumpkin Cheesecake caught my eye also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robyn,
      Candy is awesome. I am looking forward to trying Lisa's pumpkin spice swirl cheesecake recipe in a few days... just as soon as my pumpkins finish their job looking cute.

      Delete
  2. That pumpkin swirl cheesecake sounds perfect. Thanks for hosting this fun blog hop, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete

My email address is whitewolfsummitfarmgirl@gmail.com.