Thursday, October 11, 2012

Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop #78 and a Farmgirl Welcome


A BIG FARMGIRL WELCOME to our newest Facebook friends and followers!

I'm excited to introduce you to our newest co-host! Dolly of

It was little more than a year ago when I first stumbled upon Dolly's blog The Hibiscus House.   Since then, I've found her other blogs Dolly Is Cooking and Dolly's Designs.   

A stop at any one of her blogs and you'll quickly realize just how talented and creative Dolly is.  She can tackle anything.  I believe she's the MacGuyver of crafts.  She is also a very skilled seamstress.  She sells her wonderful designs online.  I have two Dolly Designs Original vintage inspired aprons and I can attest to their quality and beauty.  They're two of my favorites.

Dolly could have been an interior designer too as her home tours demonstrate.  She has really refined taste.  I wish it would rub off on me... :o)  Her handmade cotton fabric wreaths are so elegant and I love the attention to detail and time she spends when showcasing her handmade treasures and describing design detail in her posts.  

I am so glad she decided to co-host Farmgirl Friday.  

Dolly has been an inspiration to me in so many things.  She's a very talented writer.  As her Spotlight Series demonstrates, and her recipes and tutorials have helped me expand my skills and have encouraged me to try new things.  

I am humbled to be in such good company? 
Deb, Dolly and I thank you for all you share here each week! 

A special thanks to everyone who has entered Deb's Autumn Note-card Giveaway this week and popped over to like her Facebook page too! There's still time to enter! 
The winner will be announced on October 17th! 

Be sure to drop by Deb's MJF BEACH FARMGIRL BLOG!
The BEACH farmgirl went out shopping for mums last week and ended up falling head over heels in love with a ???


Okay! Go link up! I can't wait to see what you've been up to!

Here are the rules for the Farmgirl/guy Blog Hop!Write a post about your farmgirl lifestyle and brag a little about your farmgirl talents while your at it! Share what being a farmgirl means to you. Include lots of photos of your farm, crafts, animals, quilts, home decor projects and thrifty make overs, your backyard garden, chicken coop, recipes, studio or workshop. You get the idea!

Leave your entry in the Linky tools space to your Farmgirl Friday post.

Please include the Farmgirl Friday button ( or link back here ) in your post and remember to share this hop with all of your blogging friends!


Enter up to three entries per hop!

DON'T BE SHY~
Be sure to leave a note if you're new to the hop!
We want to get to know you better! Have a great week and I'll see you on the hop!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting! I always find something to learn here! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind of you to say Daisy. Thank you so much for participating. I learn more from these hops than I do from my homesteading books...

      Delete
  2. This is going to be so fun! Beautifully spoken Heidi!
    Happy Farmgirl Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are trying to squeeze too many linkies into too small a space! The icons are so small we can barely see them. Can you change the setting? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mellow,
      I'm sorry about that. I'll send a quick note to Deb to let her know the problem. However, if she does change the settings, each of the images already linked up will be pixilated and worse to look at... I hope this is fixed for next week.

      Delete
  4. Looks like its going to be fun at the farm.
    All the best :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Haddock. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness such praise, I am speechless believe it or not! Heidi, you and Deb are the reasons I still blog such inspiration and friendship I feel from you both. It has been a great year and I owe it to you two. I am so happy to have found you. Heidi you know how I feel about your friendship. If we lived closer it would be such fun. I think you, Deb and I would be up to so much don't you? Thank you for everything my farmgirl sister! We are like the 3 amigos...lol have a great weekend.
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly,
      I feel the same way about you. I wish we did live closer. We are the 3 amigos... from afar. hehe. I hope your weekend is a good one too.

      Delete
  6. Hi all,
    Just a quick note to apologize for the mix- up on the thumbnails this week!
    In my excitement to get my post up for this week, I forgot to choose a thumbnail size. Thank you for your patience. We'll be back to normal next week!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

My email address is whitewolfsummitfarmgirl@gmail.com.