Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Country Homemaker Hop #19

Welcome to our new Lil' Hen House
The flowers are blooming, the chicks are getting comfortable in their new big girl house and the honey bees are working from dawn to dusk bringing in nectar and honey. It's a wonderful life...

This is our new coop. It was my Hubby's shed, and tractor carport, but he will build something else eventually for our stuff. We're packrats I'm afraid...
say Hi!
Isn't this little Salmon Favorelle cute?
Security latches and welded wire inside the windows.  I hope this can keep out predators like racoons.
Looks like turkey tracks in the sand under their roost...
The yellow brick road...  It will be yellow soon.
Every girl needs a RED door...
Little lace curtains that I got at a yard sale...
Nest boxes...
Door to the mini-yard
Mini-yard.  Wow that salmon favorelle is really moving F-A-S-T.  She spotted a cat on the other side of the fence.
As you can see the electricity wasn't in yet when I took this picture, but it is now. I have to paint inside and fancy it up a bit yet, but I'm working on it...

Jerry was able to re-use most of the old shelf wood to make roosts and the nest boxes. We had an old window from another project, and one was donated by a kind lady that I found on craigslist. The bits of new lumber came from our home improvement store's "culled" pile at huge savings. I am so grateful that my hubby can install electricity and water himself. We could not have afforded this stuff if we had to pay for it to be done. I think it looks pretty nice for an old shed.

What's been going on at your place this week???  Please share.
Let's get hopping...


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little house! Our chickens' house is plain compared to yours. I'll make sure they don't see these pictures so they won't get discontented. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice cozy hen house . Lucky girls they are ! Wonderful photos. Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great hen house and that girl is running so fast she is a blur!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not letting my chickens see your hen house ~ they would be so jealous of the lace curtains! I'll just keep that a secret!

    ReplyDelete

My email address is whitewolfsummitfarmgirl@gmail.com.