Monday, August 8, 2011

To GREEN or not to GREEN...

I got a telephone call today from Solar City, a company that leases and installs residential solar packages.  I explained to the nice young man that I want a solar system that is independent of "The Grid", I want to be running my refrigerator if the power company service is disrupted and he swiftly told me that he cannot help me.  "The power company pays for a portion of our services, therefore, being attached to "The Grid" is a must with this system. Good luck." click.  I had no idea how difficult it was going to be to find a stand alone solar system with batteries.  I know they exist, my Father-in-law had one installed at his "off the grid" place in Oregon.  Any ideas, please send em my way... Still LOOKING for ways to go green.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My email address is whitewolfsummitfarmgirl@gmail.com.