Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mama's not cooking tonight...


It has been a busy week.  School started up again, for me.  Wedding planning and preparation is in full swing for my son's wedding in two weeks.  I am exhausted.  

To rejuvenate after a busy week, I like to take an evening for myself to relax, eat comfort food, and watch chick flicks.  Tonight is THAT night.  I am going to watch an old favorite- Fried Green Tomatoes, put my feet up, and enjoy.  

It's very HOT and humid so I am not going to cook dinner.  Instead, I am grilling up a few slivers of zucchini (okay, that's technically "cooking").  


I am going to chop them up and fold them into sliced cucumber, tomato, onion and leek.



To that mixture I am adding some of my homemade unflavored yogurt (tastes like sour cream), a pinch of garlic salt, basil, and a balsamic vinaigrette.  Dinner!  Fast and easy too.



What do YOU do to unwind and "LIVE WELL?"  Please join this LINK UP with your ideas at Common Sense Homesteading

No comments:

Post a Comment

My email address is whitewolfsummitfarmgirl@gmail.com.