Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Country Homemaker Hop #25

Happy Wednesday Friends!

Last week's hop was fantastic.  Thank you all for sharing your great ideas.  This week I'd like to start off the hop by sharing a few posts from last week that I absolutely love.  Here they are, our featured posts, in no particular order...

Our friend Candy of The Lazy J Bar C Farm blog linked up and shared her awesome new recipe for homemade peanut better HERE.  Woohoo!  You can make creamy or chunky following her instructions...

http://lazyjbarcfarm.blogspot.com/2012/06/homemade-peanut-butter.html
Who knew making fresh peanut butter could be so easy? 

Kristel of the Healthy Frugalista blog shared her wonderful recipe for using and preserving garlic scapes HERE.  She made my day when she posted it.   I can just imagine popping a few of her lil' gems into my alfredo sauce or into my red sauce as it slowly simmers...

http://healthyfrugalista.com/2012/06/using-and-preserving-garlic-scapes/
I have literally got a few hundred scapes to cut off, prep and freeze this week.

Another great post was shared by KarenLynn of the Lil Suburban Homestead blog.  KarenLynn wrote and shared a post about making her first Kombucha tea at home HERE.  She bought her scoby or mother from a mail order company.  I am so glad she shared this.  

http://lilsuburbanhomestead.wordpress.com/2012/06/14/entering-the-world-of-kombucha/
We grew a kombucha scoby about 20 years ago but that was long before I understood the important benefits of eating and drinking fermented foods.  Now that I do know their value, I haven't been able to find a local source for a scoby so KarenLynn's source will be a great help to me. 

The last post I'd like to share with you HERE was written by our friend Rose Petal of Live Ready Now.  She hurt herself on the homestead recently and has been learning how to use herbal medicine by trial and error.  

http://www.livereadynow.com/healing-wounds-without-a-doctor/
She really is AMAZING.  This post made me realize the importance of getting to know your local flora and fauna.  In a pinch, there may just be something you can use growing in your own backyard that can help heal you...

I hope your week has been a productive one and I look forward to reading about your progress this week.  

Heidi


I am sharing this week's hop on the Homestead Barnhop




3 comments:

  1. Heidi thank you for hosting this fabulous gathering! I'm a city girl ...now living in the country and the inspirations and tips from your wonderful party guests is greatly needed on my end. Wishing you a fabulous day ..xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I look forward to seeing what everyone else is working on too. It motivates me to keep plugging away when I'm tired.

      Delete
  2. Heidi, thank you so much for featuring my post! I'll link back to your hop in my next post. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

My email address is whitewolfsummitfarmgirl@gmail.com.