Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Country Homemaker Hop...

Today, I mixed up a few batches of liquid handsoap.  It was my BFF Michelle's idea.  She's been on a mission to make every homemade cleaning product we can since our dear blog friend Dolly posted that wonderful post featuring the Queen of Green Cleaning- Leslie Reichert, a while back... 

Poor Michelle, I have garden prep and seed starting on the brain while she's got spring cleaning on the brain.    She's such a trooper though.  I have a gallon here with her name on it.

I really had a lot of fun and I can hardly believe how easy it was.  I followed the instructions in Amy Walker's blog post HERE.  The only thing I did different was that I used a glycerine bar soap so I added just one tablespoon of glycerine to each batch, not two.  My batches set up thick so I heated them again with an additional 2 cups of water.  They cooled to a wonderful texture.  I now have more than two gallons of wonderful tea rose and Vitamin E liquid handsoap. Hooray!  My cost was about $1 a gallon...
That's what I've been up to.
What are YOU working on over at your homestead???



1 comment:

My email address is whitewolfsummitfarmgirl@gmail.com.