I have been busy this week with the garden, but I have managed a few exciting new developments.
- Today, I have ordered my first pressure canner/cooker online... waiting is tough
- I stocked up on new canning jars, including new half gallon jars to learn how to ferment pickles and such
- I have started taking the FREE E-course at the website of The National Center for Home Food Preservation. It includes pressure and water bath canning instruction, and information regarding food smoking, drying, curing, and fermentation
- I am trying to convince family members to join me and take the dive into lacto-fermentation via Gnowfglins website.
- I have been trying to decide what homesteading books to purchase to learn more skills
- I have accepted an invitation to a Preparedness Group that meets monthly and am anxious to find out more about what they do to put up food. The next meeting will be focused on water purification.
- Since finding this awesome blog, I have been reading every challenge post I can to glean insight from experienced homesteading families.
That's about all that I have been up to this week. I hope you have a wonderful week.