Thursday, August 11, 2011

Breathing NEW life into Good OLD Things!

I hate to throw away something that I love, even when it starts to fall apart.  Some things have special meaning to me because they were gifts from someone, or were handmade by me and a family member etc. So, when I can, I try to think of a new way to use these things.

Here is today's example...  an old pillowcase.  It has a beautiful crochet top over a muslin background. Unfortunately, the muslin background has torn out a few times already and could not be re-sewn, too frayed.
So, since it was too frayed to sew back together again for a pillowcase, I took a seam ripper and separated the crochet top from the muslin.  The crochet is still in good condition.

Here it is now on my kitchen table.    
It makes a nice rectangle doily I think.


Do you re-purpose things you love when they've become careworn?  


If so, please share an example with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My email address is whitewolfsummitfarmgirl@gmail.com.