Saturday, July 23, 2011

URBAN HOMESTEAD



Wow!  I was surfing the homestead blog scene on Facebook looking for a Southern California Homesteading group to hopefully join, and I came across the website http://urbanhomestead.org/ .  What a revelation.  This site features a blog, photo gallery, little known facts and know how, and some great advice for everything from gardening sustainability to farm animals in an urban setting.  The site belongs to the Derveas Family of Pasadena, California, a suburb of Los Angeles.  They have been challenging expectations for more than a decade living in the heart of a metropolis while striving to decrease their dependence on others to maintain their lifestyle and are sharing what they've learned with the rest of us.  I just stumbled across the site today, so I have only just begun to investigate the site's diversity, but from what I can see so far, it's a wealth of information for homesteading and basic skills.  Have a look around and report back anything you find that would be valuable to the rest of us.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My email address is whitewolfsummitfarmgirl@gmail.com.