Friday, September 13, 2013

The Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop #125

It's been another whirlwind week here on the homestead.  My good friend Michelle accompanied me and my dairy goats on a long drive to and from a goat show on Sunday.  

That's my Lily being shown by the 4-H student in the orange shirt.
It was HOT!  We had a 4+ hour drive each way so we were up and out by 3am, but we still managed to have a few giggles on the road.  The competition was great.  There were some awesome mammary does.

Jerry and I have been making plans for our new livestock barn.  He's going to start the footings in a few weeks so he can get it up before the rainy season.  It's going to be 12 x 24, with a gambrel roof for loft/hay storage and will have a section on the end for a new chicken coop and run too.  

This is DesertNanny BE Trump Card.  Our new herdsire.  Photo by Sharon Warren.
Our new buckling will be coming home next month on my birthday, the 19th.  In the meantime, I am on a mission to find a livestock guardian puppy.  

Today we are heading down the mountain to the big city to find a few things to winterize our travel trailer and new tarps for the current goat yard.  The last ones only held up for three months in our intense summer heat.  We also hope to visit the COUNTY FAIR this evening.  It'll be our first visit to this one.  I am really looking forward to checking out the livestock available for the auction this weekend.  That's another goal... grass fed beef to fill our freezer.  One of these days we'll get there.  It just takes time to build a farm from scratch I guess.  

Here's your weekly dose of Farmgirl Fun from Deb!

Welcome one and all to the Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop # 125! WOW! What a great hop we had last week! It was so fun to welcome Debbie " Farmgirl Unleashed " to our little party wasn't it? I love her farmgirl spirit and I hear she has a fun featured farmgirl for you this week!
 I'm guessing some of you got your farmgirl spunk back by the looks of how many entries we had last week!  I was thrilled to see our party tip the  party scale at over 100 entries! Many people take blogging breaks during the summer due to travel, too much heat and work or just feeling UN inspired... I think it's natural to feel that way during the hot summer months don't you? 
 I'm so happy we are moving into fall and cooler weather.  I definitely feel sharper and more " with it " ! I'm looking forward to more cooking inside, nice walks and finally getting to my fall To-Do list. 


I've been a little tied up with some extra special farmgirl'n over at my moms this past week!  When you're done linking up, pop over to my MJF Beach Farmgirl Blog for some GET WELL remedies, FARMGIRL STYLE! 


Now, it's time to link up for your weekly dose of farmgirl soul food!  

 Everyone who plays in the dirt, craft room, kitchen or farmyard are welcome! FARM-BOYS WELCOME!

Your Farmgirl Friday Hostesses~  

Heidi of My Simple Country Living  
and White Wolf Summit Farmgirl Blog
Dolly of Hibiscus House and Dolly is Cooking
Debbie of Farmgirl Unleashed  
and me of course!

 Here are the rules for the Farmgirl/GUY Blog Hop! 

1.) Write a post about your farmgirl lifestyle and brag a little about your farmgirl talents while your at it! Share what being a farmgirl means to you. Include lots of photos of your farm, crafts, animals,  quilts, home decor projects and thrifty make overs, your backyard garden, chicken coop, recipes, studio or workshop. You get the idea!

2). Leave your entry in the  Linky tools space to your  Farmgirl Friday post.

3). Please include the Farmgirl Friday button ( or link back here ) in your post and remember to share this hop with all of your blogging friends!

4.) Enter up to three entries per hop! 


 DON'T BE SHY~  
Be sure to leave a note if you're new to the hop! If you haven't clicked that follow button yet, please join us and be sure to stop by our FACEBOOK page and like us there too! 

As always, thank you for your continued participation and welcome new friends and followers! Wishing you all a wonderful weekend! See you on the hop! 

PS. This is a blog hop, so please share it with your friends by copying the code at the bottom of this post and including it into your weekly entry! This is a Blog Hop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My email address is whitewolfsummitfarmgirl@gmail.com.