Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Country Homemaker Hop- Week 3


Hello! I hope you have been having a great week so far.  I sure have.  It's been busy and cold.  I have been running a steady fire in my fireplace for the last two evenings and we even managed a few hours of light snowfall yesterday.  It was our first real moisture since Thanksgiving week.  This week, I'd like to highlight a few really nice posts from last week's Country Homemaker Hop that you don't want to miss.


I don't know about you, but sewing is my first love outside of the garden and kitchen.  I love how sewing and quilting allow me to express my creative side while making something really useful.  Anne of the Suburban Prairie Homemaker is a kindred spirit.  Her last linky was for a fantastically cute and practical handbag made from a yard of fabric.  If you missed it, check it out HERE!  


Homemaking sister Lynnie of the blog Invited to the King's Table shared a great idea for the prettiest little fabric postcards HERE and a creative sewing solution for molting hens being pecked, chicken saddles! HERE!  Effective and adorable.


Kathleen of Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm shared one of the best machine needle turn applique tutorials I have ever seen.  She has an interesting technique that involves a glue stick, basting glue, and Ricky Tims Stable Stuff Poly sheets.  She gets the best points and smooth curves.  If you haven't had a chance to read this tutorial, please do HERE.


In the kitchen this week, we had several really nice recipes shared.  Candy of Lazy J Bar C Farm introduced us to her homemade vegetable beef soup recipe HERE.  It's times like this that I wish I had smellovision...

Dolly of The Hibiscus House, Dolly's Designs, and Dolly is Cooking blogs shared her yummy coconut pie HERE!  

Karen Lynn of The Lil' Suburban Homestead blog shared a wonderful post of her January greenhouse garden HERE and a link up to her cool Saturday Blog Hop- The Ole' Saturday Homesteading Trading Post HERE!
THANYOU LADIES!

 Are YOU a Country Homemaker? 
Please join us each week to share your pictures, recipes, household wisdom, homemaking tips, crafts, ideas and stories with the country homemaking community. Chime in about what's going on at your homestead.  You may share as many relevant posts as you have for the week,please try not to share the same post twice.  I love reading your great homemaking updates, stories, recipes, and tutorials so please, keep em coming!


Country Homemaker posts will open to link ups on Wednesdays at 12:01 am and will remain open to links all week long, through Tuesday night at 11:59 pm.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heidi--what a great blog hop! Thanks for hosting. I linked up my natural peanut butter making method. I must agree with you about Candy's recipes...they always look so good! :o)

    ReplyDelete

My email address is whitewolfsummitfarmgirl@gmail.com.