Monday, September 26, 2011

Homemade Potato Chips

Maybe I am the last person to find out about this, but I just have to share.  Today, while perusing snack recipes on allrecipes.com, I found a recipe for microwaved homemade potato chips.  I was skeptical, but it was highly rated by reviewers so I tried it tonight.

I am happy to report that it works and it couldn't be easier to make.  All you need is a washed potato, a mandolin slicer or something similar to slice the potato into thin chips, a bit of olive oil and something to season it with.

First, I washed my potato and sliced it thin using my mandolin slicer.

I had a few drops of olive oil waiting for the slices in the bowl

 I tossed them with a pinch of seasoned salt like a salad

I layed them single file on a plate in my microwave and nuked them for 5 minutes... 
and then for another three minutes...  
until they came out crisp and a bit golden brown.  
Some microwaves cook faster than others so you should check them every few minutes.  



For those folks that do not use microwaves, due to the radiation or electricity usage, you can do this in your oven instead.

Have a great night all.  Goodnight!

9 comments:

  1. Okay, I've never heard of this either! I HATE deep frying things so I'm definitely going to give this a try! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Candy. Let me know what you think of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE ALSO HAVE SO A POTATO SNYDER..WE DO ALSO VEGETALES AND SALADS...THANKS FOR SHARING...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, you are not the only that didn't know about this...count me in.

    But what a great idea. Will definitely be trying this on the weekend.

    Connie
    www.treasures-evermore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Connie. I feel better knowing I am not the only person on Earth that hadn't known you could nuke potatoes. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who knew? So cool! Now I have to find one of those slicers. This would be great to do at home. My girls carry their lunch everyday and would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FYI everyone, I tried it in the oven last night and that does NOT work. It dehydrates them. Maybe if I turn up the heat. lol. Go figure...

    ReplyDelete
  8. No you are not the last, I haven't heard of this either until now. I'll have to try this. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for affirming that I am not alone Kat. We are slowly becoming a club of those that didn't know.

    ReplyDelete

My email address is whitewolfsummitfarmgirl@gmail.com.